Have I got a deal for you.... no seriously we’ve got a great night planned leading up into TechEd. I’m really looking forward to it.
(ok let me get my dates right)
On August 27th Wednesday night (Wednesday week from now) we’re lucky enough to get....
Angelo Laris from Decillion(seasoned member of our user group) lined up to talk to us about A4SWIFT (which is basically what Angelo and Decillion roll out). Decillion are formally recognised by Microsoft as being experts in this area and are also a member of the Microsoft BizTalk Virtual Technology Specialist Program.
(I’ve also got a couple of house keeping tasks to mention…..first the great stuff…)
Angelo sent me through his outline:
1. Introduction to SWIFT 5min
2. What is a SWIFT Message. 5min
3. The Schema Definitions. 10-20 min
4. The HTML Form Generator (Young Youn will present or help me out here) 20min
5. The Business Rules Engine – HOW to validate a SWIFT Message. 30-60min
6. The Message Repair using Infopath and BAS.30-60min 30-60min
Looks fantastic – what you are going to see is how BizTalk can be extended, Angelo is talking about a mature product base and it’s great to see just how others are using and extending BizTalk while adhering to industry standards.
One of the main questions I get is “What can I use the BizTalk Rules Engine for?”…..ask no further.
What is in store for our Aug 27th Session
Microsoft, North Ryde
1 Epping Road
6pm - Beer + Pizza
6.30pm - Kick off
Aug 27th -
Feel free to forward this to any of your colleagues/friends I may have missed (tell them to register on the Sydbiz.org site to be included)
* TechEd 2008 – We’ve finally got RFID end-to-end at the conference (See my blog post here – had the media interested and lots of interviews, Breeze got the green light 40 days out from TechEd......no pressure)
Some quick stats:
1. Over 70 RFID Readers (fixed + windows mobile based) with 118 Antennas.
2. Lots of Intelligent information surfacing.
3. BizTalk Server, BizTalk RFID, BizTalk RFID V1.1, MOSS + good old Silverlight 2 b2 is pretty much running the show.
4. We’re ‘printing’ (or encoding is the tech term) over 5500 tags – the hardest part was to actually print a corresponding barcode so other systems can handle the badge.
5. I’m due for a holiday at the end of this.....(this is why I couldn’t squeeze a meeting in last month)
So A BIG THANK YOU for those that helped out with the testing of the system (fingers crossed on show day) at previous user group meetings.
* Call for Speakers/Other People to take Tyre Kicking Sessions
If you’ve got any aspect of BizTalk (& related) that you want to share with us....let me know, love to hear what you’ve got to say.
* Don’t forget – we’ve launched an email forum group ‘email@example.com’
Great to see a lot of you already joined – it’s a *private* group open to BizTalk User Group members (we currently have Brisbane, Auckland and Sydney on)
Invite only – send me an email if you want to join and I’ll send you out an invite. (Thanks to all the guys on it so far)
Love to see you there – and reply to this email to let me know for catering.
Mick Badran (MVP - BizTalk) | Microsoft Readiness Instructor
Collaboration and Integration Specialist
Breeze Training Pty Ltd | m: +61 404842 833